Wednesday, April 7, 2010

P.S.

Quick side note: I am trying to still navigate my way through memory and epiphany and while looking at some of the things dealing with St.Augustine I got to thinking about something Sam quoted from the Upanishads earlier this year: "atman is brahman."
If the divine rests in the individual and like Krishna says we become able to see ourselves in all and all in ourselves I think I know why it is important to look into our own selves and memory to find the divine and epiphany. Augustine thought it necessary to look inward into his own memory in order to find God, as a catholic I'm not sure he would agree with this but maybe it is because of the fact that the atman is the brahman, god already exists inside of us, the divine (whatever it is) is already contained within our memories. Sorry about the tangent it is just that I FINALLY put those two things together and felt excited enough to blog about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment