Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Final Blog Post


So the moment is here that I must write the blog I really don't want to write. I'm not sure if it is because it is almost midnight, and I am stressed and overwhelmed by school and therefore sleep deprived or what but just trying to write this post has me feeling like maybe my tear ducts which have seemed to be completely incapable of producing tears for the last 5 years might not be entirely broken. I hate knowing that this is not only my last blog for this class but also my last blog entry for all of school because how could i possibly make it say everything that it should? I have decided not to try to force this blog to say anything at all but instead i will just let it be a bit of a memorial to both my time in this capstone class and my time as an English major.
As i finish school and get ready to move and start a very different life I feel excited, anxious, confused, scared, and basically every other adjective there is. These feeling don't arise so much from the beginning of a new chapter as they do the closing of the other one. I spent the large majority of my time as an English major feeling a bit out of place, not sure if i had chosen the right major and not sure if English lit was really for me. It took me until the very end to figure it out but i am so grateful that i finally did. Even though I sometimes felt like i didn't belong or I didn't understand what everyone else seemed to know I chose the right major and even if I am unemployed and broke because of it for the rest of my life i would sign up for this again if i had the choice. Sure there are some things i would do differently (probably worked my absolute hardest during all my years in school) but i would never chose a different major! I guess my biggest regret right now is writing this blog entitled "Final Blog Post" because i feel like i have so many posts left in me and so many questions still unanswered, however this is just the way of life, i will probably always fell this way. So while i still feel like i haven't accomplished everything i wanted to or had all my questions answered i can leave this class feeling only happy about this experience, mostly because this class was so great.
I could not have been luckier when it came to my capstone class, it really seemed to me to be sort of perfect, comprised of really great peers and an excellent instructor which makes it that much harder to see it end. I feel like i still have so many more blog posts left in me, I still have so much more to say about The Four Quartets and The Bhagavad Gita and Hamlet and The Wind in the Willows, but instead this last blog is really just going to say thank you. Thank you to Dr. Sexson who really was the best teacher I could of ever hoped to have for this class, and really for any class. Thank you to Jennie Lynn and Sam and anyone else who joined us at the coffee shop for teaching me just as much outside of class as I learned in it. Thank you to my group for absolutely everything. Thank you to Kari,Erin, Zuzu, Nick, Tai, Kevin, Lisa and Lisa, Taylor, Doug, Adam, Mick, Vistoria, Rian, Amy, Pat, Craig, and anyone else who i might have possibly missed for adding so much to m education, reading our blogs was like reading a book written just for me answering the questions that I asked and telling me what I wanted to know! So thanks to everyone in the class for helping me to finally figure out that I made the right choice in my major, and now i can leave school maybe knowing that while i didn't always work my absolute hardest and maybe skipped a class i shouldn't have i have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment