Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My favorite posts

So I think that it is much too difficult to chose only one blog that i have really enjoyed and has influenced me, so after a bit of work i was able to narrow it down to two. First Kari's blog about the displacement of myth in To The Lighthouse and second Jennie Lynn's blog regarding sestina in The Four Quartets. I felt like both of these blogs reminded me of the many ways that you can read a text and all that you can do with them. Sometimes as a consistently late blogger it is easy to feel like maybe everything has already been said and there is nothing left for you to say, but both these blogs reminded me to slap myself if I ever think that again because it is never, ever true. While some blogs discuss things where I think to myself 'why didn't I think of that' both of these blogs were ones that I never would think of because both Kari and Jennie Lynn did things that I habitually forget to do when reading a text: drawing in correlations from other things you have read and taking a close look at the actual composition and layout instead of just the words themselves. It is the blogs like these of other people that remind us as English majors just how vast our major really is and how many different ways there are to look at books!

No comments:

Post a Comment